Wednesday 14 September 2011

Long Awaited House Photos

I am finally getting around to posting some pictures of the new place! It's a pretty sweet little place...with heated floors and wheel chair accessible shower and counters for the elders who are meant to live there. We really wouldn't mind staying here, but we know as soon as we get a house we'll have to head over there. The apartment is really meant for elders, and we're very lucky no one wants it right now and that Housing was generous enough to put us here.

We had snow yesterday. Jon doesn't believe it was snow, but it was white, blowing in my face and below zero. Also the lakes have started to freeze, we have our heat on and I've switched over to my ski jacket. If that isn't winter, I don't know what qualifies. Yikes.

On the school front, things are going reasonably well. We've definitely noticed we are getting into the swing of things where lesson planning is concerned. We can get all our weeks planning done in about fie solid hours of work over the weekend, whereas before it used to take us almost the entire weekend. Having our own place and some time to just breathe occasionally is really making life up here THAT much better. We are supervising a dance this weekend and getting ready for our barge order that should come in soon. I can't even imagine how much food is going to come in on that thing. I'm sure it will fill up our little apartment.

Anyways...on to the pictures.

Living Room
The reading corner with our bookshelf...we're very proud of our books!

The bedroom, which remains pretty undecorated

My Audrey Wall...aka Best Part of the House



I have pictures of the kitchen as well, but the internet is being ridiculously slow, so I will try to upload it later on.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Guys,
    place looks great
    "easy with the hammer!"
    Dan

    ReplyDelete